Posts Tagged ‘exercise’
In stores that specialize in sports and physical activities, and even some department stores, find equipment designed to perform balance exercises. These include:
- The balls or stability balls: there are different sizes and usually include a manual or DVD with the exercises.
- The average ball, has a flat bottom and a padded half-circle above.
- The step (the step), with which you can perform aerobic exercises that strengthen the legs and ankles.
These devices are not for everyone. If you bring a video with moving, make sure that you correctly to avoid injury. Ideally, a coach or a therapist teach you how to make and / or use them properly. To do this, you can register for a class at the nearest gym. Read the rest of this entry »
These do not require any special equipment and can add to your workout without them take you a long time.
Walk backwards or sideways on a flat and smooth (no carpets or stairs). Walking sideways, one leg moves laterally, place it on the ground and then on the other. Repeat this movement 10 times in one direction and then in the opposite direction. You can vary the motion, crossing one leg behind the other, like a dance step.
- Walk on your heels.
- Walk on the toes.
- Walk with one foot before the other, supporting the heel first and last toe. Do it with your back straight and your abdominal muscles contracted. Read the rest of this entry »
How pleasant it is to feel safe just standing or walking! If you’ve ever had dizziness, vertigo or the feeling that the floor will suddenly vanish, then you know how important stability and balance. Usually people perform aerobics, strength and stretching exercises to achieve strength, elasticity and muscle tone, but forget to exercise to improve and maintain the body balance. To achieve this, including a few easy movements in your workout.
How’s your balance? Most of the time, or pay attention, until we slip or fall. That force that keeps us steady on our feet, begins to deteriorate and be lost over the years as a normal part of aging. In fact, every year. one of every 3 persons 65 and older in the United States suffers a fall, often with serious consequences for fracture (breaking a bone) and complications of a long period of immobility or prostration.
Several factors influence the time to go off balance. The main one is the decline (decrease) progressive of the three main sensors make it possible: the vision, the nerve receptors of the sole of the brain that send information regarding our position, and the tiny hairs or hairs of the inner ear sent also to the brain, information relating to the force of gravity and motion. Also, if you add the loss of muscle strength and flexibility and you’re the perfect formula for a fall occurs, a stumble or a slip. Read the rest of this entry »
Benefits of exercise appropriate to the physical condition:
- A muscular level: Development and hypertrophy of muscle mass or lean mass.
- At the metabolic level, increased energy expenditure.
- A cardiovascular level: development of adequate collateral blood supply in patients with heart disease (always under medical supervision).
- Prevents the appearance of obesity.
- Prevents the appearance of type 2 diabetes by reducing insulin resistance.
- In children, promotes the harmonious development of the body.
- In adolescents, is associated with healthier lifestyles, with lower rates of alcohol consumption and smoking
- Promotes human reactions in group sports Read the rest of this entry »
Firstly prevents the development of obesity because it helps maintain muscle mass or lean mass. This is the main responsible of energy expenditure. For this reason, people who exercise can eat more calories, keeping your weight stable.
Exercise is also important in children and adolescents, as it promotes a harmonious physical development, is also associated with healthier lifestyles, avoiding alcohol and snuff. Furthermore, sport education to all (especially children) in respect.
Both towards others and towards ourselves. Lets us know our limitations, helps resolve situations where you have to take quick fixes, especially group sports, promote human relations.
During menopause, has been that women who exercise there is no decrease in energy expenditure, and therefore, the weight gain associated with the loss of the rules. In the elderly, inactivity rather than aging itself is the cause of deterioration of physical capacity. Read the rest of this entry »
There are many types of asthma, a serious medical condition that many people are suffering right now. The biggest problem with this disease is that not really know what you’re suffering, because then it is difficult to treat and although a doctor can help you know what, a little research never falls ill.
All types of asthma can be really nasty and disturbing for someone who suffers from this problem, but once identified there is little concern that you know exactly how to attack and how to make the problem diminishes or disappears in some cases. Learn about the types of asthma.